Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Rhys and Eggsy DJ at Durham uni Ball 22nd June 2010

Durham is miles away from Newport so we left early. All the trains were messed up cause some kids had stolen the signals just outside Newport and tried to set the tracks on fire. There was a go slow and it took us 3 hours to get to Birmingham.

By the time we got to Leeds we were starving and on our second Mcdonalds.
Eggsy got a happy meal.

After a 9 hour journey we finally arrived in Durham, the Uni is in the castle, it's amazing.

They took us into the library and gave us some pizza.

Then took us up loads of step to have a look around.
There was all types of stuff going on, cake making, gambling, music, hardcore drinking.....

Then we went to hang out in the "back stage" with these dudes. One was from Cardiff and he was safe the other was from Preston and he was a bit weird, I think he had taken some legal high or something, either way he was out of it.
We got our drink on and prepared to DJ.

At 3am they took us to the main hall to play some music.

Everyone was smashed.
We gave the hat Eggsy is wearing away as a prize for the best dance.

These girls had a great time.

When we had finished DJing the sun was up, it was a bit of a shock.

All the students who were still partying or who hadn't been taken away in an ambulance came out side.

These dudes were proper shit faced.

It was about 5:30 in the morning and people were in all sorts of states. We had all gathered in the square to have a picture taken of all the people left standing at the end of the night. Some dude played the Scottish saxophone while they took the snap.

While we waited we shot gunned a bottle of Jagermeister with the students.

It was now just after 6am and we realised why everyone was standing around in the square.

There was a free fry up being made for everyone. We pushed our way to the front of the line.
A great morning to a great night. Drink stupid amounts of booze, stay up all night and the ram 1100 calories into your head. The girls were loving it.
After I had watched people pour grease into themselves I hit the hay. Meanwhile Eggsy stayed up till it was just him and one student left and they were asked to go home cause people were coming into work. That was about 8:30am.

I woke up at 9am and went down stairs to get Eggsy up, he was still flying through time and space, he had just got into his room.

We got the hell out of there quick, it was going to take at least 5 hours to get back to Wales.

We didn't have any cash on us so we couldn't get the bus and had to walk to the station.

Finally we made it and Eggsy got to have some sleep.

That was one hell of a night out.


Goldie Lookin Chain Musicshake Widget